This is one
of many pages with photographs and Historical information
relating to the many streets and roads in the City of Derby, Derbyshire,UK.
To go to the main Street by Street or main DerbyPhotos index use the buttons at
the bottom of this page.
|The Rykneld Tean Mills began life as a silk mill constructed by Thomas Bridgett in the early 19th century, and by 1804 became the biggest employer in Derby. Thomas Bridgett died in 1833 and his relations continued the business until 1870. William Able, an iron founder then ran the mills until the Lilley family took over and introduced the name Rykneld Tean in 1929.|
Description : Brook Bridge
Image Reference No. : DP-030504SBSBROOK-01
Exact map location : Click HERE
Date photo taken : 3rd May 2004
Other Information : This
Click the button below to go to the Street by Street index of www.derbyphotos.co.uk
Click the button below to go to the main index of www.derbyphotos.co.uk
(C) 2001-2004 'Street by Street' on www.derbyphotos.co.uk